Club Lamb Show and Sale
- Weaned wether or ewe lambs weighing 45 to 90 lbs. may be consigned to the Club Lamb Show and Sale.
- An approved health certificate must accompany all lambs consigned. Flocks originating out of state must have interstate health papers. See also Animal Health Regulations. All lambs must be vaccinated for CD&T and dewormed prior to the show and sale. All lambs must carry scrapie
- Lambs with negative health issues will be disqualified at the discretion of
- All club lambs will be sold at public auction to the high bidder. Settlement must be made with the sales clerk before animals can leave the grounds. The auctioneer will settle any disputed bids. Ownership and risk transfer to purchaser at time of sale. Lambs will be sold in order of placing. All lambs must be removed from the grounds by 7:00 pm Saturday.
- Lambs must be on the grounds by 7:00 am, Saturday, May 4, with weigh-in to begin at 7:15 am. The show will begin at 9:00 am, followed by the sale at 11:00 a.m. Due to the tight schedule, this rule will be strictly adhered to. Exhibitors must supply their own bedding.
- An entry fee of $5 per lamb must accompany each entry form and will not be refunded after entry due date. Each consignor is limited to six (6) lambs. A $5.00 per head late fee will be added to all entries received after the deadline.
- Sale charges will be 10% of the sale price, including any buy backs.
- All lambs must be slick shorn within 5 days of the show. Lambs must be washed and clean, no fitting allowed.
- Premiums will be paid according to the number entered and shown.
Lambs will be broken into 5 different weight classes.
Awards and Premiums
Champion Individual - Trophy and $50.00
Reserve Champion Individual - Trophy and $25.00
Best Maryland Lamb - $25.00
Total Premiums $564.00