Grand Lamb Cookoff
Enter your favorite Lamb recipe in Maryland Sheep & Wool Festival’s 38th Maryland Grand Lamb Cook-Off.
There are two age groups: Adults – 16 +; Children – 8 to 15. Each group will be cooking at the same time.
- A minimum of 1lb. of any cut of American Lamb must be used.
- All entries will be judged on taste (50 points), ease of preparation (30 points) and originality (20 points) for a total of 100 points.
- Prior to the cook-off, 4 adults and 4 children will be selected from the entries. These finalists will be invited to prepare recipes for the judges at the Festival on Friday, May 3rd, 2013.
- Contestants must furnish their own cooking equipment, utensils and serving materials. There are no ranges/stoves at the festival and there will be no use of outdoor grills.
- All contestants will be cooking at the same time and present their entry to the judges at the same time. Adults will start at 4:30 p.m.; finish at 5:30 p.m.; judging at 5:30 p.m. Children will start at 4:45 p.m.; finish at 5:45 p.m.; judging at 5:45 p.m.
- Each entry will present the lamb dish to the judges, no side dishes allowed.
- There will be 2 judges; no samples will be handed out.
- Entries must be received no later than April 8, 2013.
On the basis of the judges’ decisions, prize money will be awarded as follows:
Adults: 1st $150.00; 2nd $125.00; 3rd $100.00; 4th $75.00
Children: 1st $100.00; 2nd $80.00; 3rd $60.00; 4th $40.00
All prizes provided by the Maryland Sheep Breeders Association, Inc.
How to Enter
- Email your recipe to email@example.com by April 8th, 2013.
- List all ingredients in order used, no brand names if possible.
- List preparation and exact cooking instructions.
- Provide you name, address, home phone, email address and the name of your recipe.
All entries become the property of the Maryland Sheep & Wool Festival and the Maryland Sheep Breeders Association, Inc. Recipes will not be returned and may be reproduced for the distribution in the Festival and MSBA press releases and other promotional material.