Grand Lamb Cookoff
Enter your favorite Lamb recipe in Maryland Sheep & Wool Festival’s 39th Maryland Grand Lamb Cook-Off.
Two age groups:
- Adults – 16 +
- Children – 8 to 15
- A minimum of 1lb. of any cut of American Lamb must be used.
- All entries will be judged on taste (60 points), ease of preparation (30 points) and appearance (10 points) for a total of 100 points.
- Prior to the cook-off, 4 adults and 4 children will be selected from the entries. These finalists will be invited to prepare recipes for the judges at the Festival on Saturday, May 3rd, 2014.
- Contestants must furnish their own cooking equipment, utensils and serving materials. There are no ranges/stoves at the Festival. If weather permits, you can use an outdoor grill; parents will have to stay with their child if using an outdoor grill.
- Contestants will have a staggered judging time; you can start your lamb dish any time prior to your judging time. Contestants may have the prepping completed at home (e.g., cutting and marinating). The cooking will be done at the contest.
- Each entry will present the lamb dish to the judges, no side dishes allowed.
- There will be 2 judges; no samples will be handed out.
- Entries must be received no later than April 8, 2014.
On the basis of the judges’ decisions, prize money will be awarded as follows:
Adults: 1st $150.00; 2nd $125.00; 3rd $100.00; 4th $75.00
Children: 1st $100.00; 2nd $80.00; 3rd $60.00; 4th $40.00
All prizes provided by the Maryland Sheep Breeders Association, Inc.
How to Enter
- Email your recipe to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 8th, 2014.
- List all ingredients in order used, no brand names if possible.
- List preparation, exact cooking instructions and the amount of time to prepare and cook.
- Provide you name, address, home phone, email address and the name of your recipe.
All entries become the property of the Maryland Sheep & Wool Festival and the Maryland Sheep Breeders Association, Inc. Recipes will not be returned and may be reproduced for distribution in the Festival and MSBA press releases and other promotional material.