Club Lamb Jackpot
The club lamb jackpot is a club lamb show where exhibitors pay a set entry fee and the winner gets the bulk of the premiums (the jackpot). A judge determines the Grand Champion, the Reserve Champion, Class Winners and Best Maryland Breeder Award.
Judge: Lukas Ziegler
- There are no minimum or maximum weight limits.
- All lambs must have approved interstate or Maryland health papers. See also Animal Health Regulations.
- Wether and ewe lambs will be shown in classes divided by weight; no rams will be shown.
- Lambs must be under one year old and have their lamb teeth present.
- Animals must be owned by the exhibitor.
- Entry fee of $20 per head must accompany each entry form.
- Weigh-in will begin at 10:00 a.m. on Sunday, May 6. The show will begin at 11:00 a.m. Lambs will be released immediately after selection of champion.
- The judge’s decision is final.
Out-of-state entries must meet interstate regulations and be accompanied by official interstate health certificates. A copy of the certificate must be forwarded to the Maryland Department of Agriculture, 50 Harry S. Truman Parkway, Annapolis, MD 21401 prior to the arrival of the animal.
- Grand Champion $200
- Reserve Champion $100
- Best Maryland Breeder Award $100
- Class Winners $15
How to Enter
Mail entry form to:
1820 Gapland Road,
Jefferson MD 21755
Entries will also be accepted at the show.
Make checks payable to: Maryland Sheep & Wool Festival. There will be a $25 charge on any check returned for any reason.