Club Lamb Show & Sale
The Club Lamb Show & Sale is where club lambs weighing between 45 and 100 pounds are judged and compete for placings based on meat and muscle quality through a live animal evaluation. These same lambs are then auctioned off according to their placings. Lambs are perfect for 4-H/FFA projects or ones that people are interested in feeding out either for replacement lambs or for the freezer.
- Weaned wether or ewe lambs weighing 45 to 100 lbs. may be consigned to the Club Lamb Show and Sale.
- An approved health certificate must accompany all lambs consigned. Flocks originating out of state must have interstate health papers. See also Animal Health Regulations. All lambs must be vaccinated for CD&T and dewormed prior to the show and sale. All lambs must carry scrapie identification (tags/tattoo).
- Lambs with negative health issues will be disqualified at the discretion of the chairman.
- All club lambs will be sold at public auction to the high bidder. Settlement must be made with the sales clerk before animals can leave the grounds. The auctioneer will settle any disputed bids. Ownership and risk transfer to purchaser at time of sale. Lambs will be sold in order of placing. All lambs must be removed from the grounds by 7:00 p.m. Saturday.
- Lambs must be on the grounds by 7:30 a.m., Saturday, May 7, with weigh-in from 7:30 a.m to 8:00 a.m. The show will begin at 9:00 a.m., followed by the sale at 11:00 a.m. Due to the tight schedule, this rule will be strictly adhered to. Exhibitors should supply their own bedding.
- An entry fee of $5 per lamb must accompany each entry form and will not be refunded after entry due date. Each consignor is limited to six (6) lambs. A $5 per head late fee will be added to all entries received after the deadline.
- Sale charges will be 10% of the sale price, including any buy backs.
- All lambs must be slick shorn within 5 days of the show. Lambs must be washed and clean, no fitting allowed.
- Premiums will be paid according to the number entered and shown.
Lambs will be broken into 5 different weight classes.
- Champion Individual – Rosette and $50
- Reserve Champion Individual – Rosette and $25
- Best Maryland Lamb – $25
Total Premiums $564
How to Enter
To obtain entry forms, contact: John Fought, 230 West Middlesex Dr., Carlisle, PA 17013 717-440-3423 or .
Entries close April 10, 2016.