Mamie Francis Blanket Competition
Mamie Francis was a weaver of small blankets or lap robes. She is remembered by her husband, daughter and two sons with the endowment that funds this competition.
- This blanket competition is part of the Skein & Garment Competition and all Skein & Garment Competition rules apply.
- Both warp and weft in the blanket must be 100% wool except for Class T84.
- T80 Lap Robe in any weave, 36-50” wide and any length
- T81 Blanket in any weave, larger than 50” wide and any length
- T82 Lap Robe or Blanket in any weave woven by a Junior (18 or under), minimum 36” wide and any length
- T83 Baby Blanket in any weave, less than 36” wide
- T84 Lap Robe or Blanket in any weave or size above made from at least 50% wool
- Grand Prize – $300
- (4) First Place Awards – $60
- (5) Second Place Awards – $40
- (5) Third Place Awards – $20
- Best Blanket Made of Maryland Wool – $100
There will be five classes. A First Place blanket will be selected in each class. From these first place blankets, a Grand Prize winner will be selected to receive a $300 check.
Thank you to Sandy Spring Friends School for supporting this event with a generous $500 donation.
In addition, the Maryland Sheep & Wool Festival donates $100 for the Best Blanket Made of Maryland Wool.