Advance Ticket Sales Now Available
A message from the Festival Chairman and the Maryland Sheep Breeders Association President
Many of you will be surprised to learn that this year, for the first time, we will be charging an admission fee of $5.00 per adult (18 years and older). This change deserves some explanation.
We are proud that for 43 years we were able to provide the Festival experience free of charge to the public. A few years ago we began inviting voluntary donations, and we are enormously grateful for the generosity reflected in your willingness to contribute. We have relied heavily on those donations, as the continued success and growth of the Festival have made the job of “putting it on” bigger and more expensive. At the same time, we’ve been teetering on the edge of overwhelming our dedicated volunteers, who are the heart of the Festival. We believe that this modest admission fee, for adults only, will enable us to deliver and continually improve the Festival for the benefit and enjoyment of everyone involved.
This year, the pedestrian gates will open at 8:30 a.m. on Saturday. Festival attendees will not be permitted to enter before this time. This will allow vendors and the Festival team the time they need to prepare for the day, free from eager early shoppers! We ask that you respect this policy.
Whatever it is that inspires you to join us at the Festival, we look forward to having you and the amazing enthusiasm you bring to us!
Gwen Handler, Chairman, Maryland Sheep & Wool Festival
Lee Langstaff, President, Maryland Sheep Breeders Association
Important things to know
- The admission fee is $5.00 per day and applies to adults only; everyone under 18 will be admitted free.
- Tickets may be purchased in advance at https://sheepandwool.eventbrite.com. A processing fee of $1.24 per ticket will be added.
- Cash or check only at the gate. There will be an exact change lane, so bring your $5 bills!
- Gates will open at 8:30 a.m. on Saturday. This will be strictly enforced. Early entry will no longer be permitted.
- Gates will open at 7:00 a.m. on Sunday to accommodate those wishing to attend the Breakfast Buffet and Sheep-to-Shawl Contest. The official start time will still be 8:30; VENDORS WILL NOT BE OPEN UNTIL 8:30!
We appreciate your patience as we go through this year’s transition.