Club Lamb Jackpot
The club lamb jackpot is a club lamb show where exhibitors pay a set entry fee and the winner gets the bulk of the premiums (the jackpot). A judge determines the Grand Champion, the Reserve Champion, Class Winners and the All Maryland Lamb award.
2023 Judge: Dr. Brian Faris
- There are no minimum or maximum weight limits.
- All lambs must have approved interstate or Maryland health papers. See Animal Health Regulations.
- Wether and ewe lambs will be shown in classes divided by weight; no rams will be shown.
- Lambs must be under one year old and have their lamb teeth present.
- Animals must be owned by the exhibitor.
- Entry fee of $20 per head must accompany each entry form.
- Weigh-in will begin at 12:00 p.m. on Sunday, May 7 in Barn 7-8. The show will begin at 1:30 p.m. in the main Show Ring. Lambs will be released immediately after selection of champions.
- The All Maryland Lamb will be selected by the judge immediately following selection of the Grand and Reserve Champions. It will be picked from the highest placing lambs shown by a Maryland exhibitor in each class.
- The judge’s decision is final.
Grand Champion – $400
Reserve Champion – $200
All Maryland Lamb – $100
Class Winners – $25
How to Enter
Bring the entry form to the show with you.
Make checks payable to: Maryland Sheep & Wool Festival. There will be a $25 charge on any check returned for any reason.