F01 Nuno Felt an Art Vest with Patti Barker
Wednesday, April 29 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Fairgrounds – Dining Hall
This Art Vest is a great way to begin learning to create felted wearables. Each maker will come away with a reversible Art Vest of their own design. Skill level: Suitable for all. Be aware that felting is a vigorous physical activity and requires hand and arm strength and standing for long periods of time. Maximum number of students: 15.
Students should bring:
- One 4’ x 6’ rubber rug mat. Be sure to get the ones with small holes. You can get one online at Amazon. You can also try Walmart or Target.
- One NEW 1-gallon garden sprayer. You can get them at Home Depot, Lowe’s, Ace Hardware or Walmart for around $15. Several people can share one sprayer OR you may bring a bucket to use with a ball browser, or a plastic bag to wet out your projects.
- Small bottle of Dawn dish soap (may be shared).
- Sharp, full-sized scissors.
- Dressmaker’s tape measure.
- Four table risers. The black square ones are available at Walmart in the housewares department. They are actually bed risers sold in sets of 4 for around $10. These will help save your back from aching.
- Your favorite pen to write notes on your instructions.
- Paper to sketch ideas on.
- Two old towels you don’t mind staining.
- Camera to record your progress.
Note: Wear comfortable, loose-fitting clothing that you don’t mind getting wet…and/or bring an apron; wear comfortable shoes.
Class Code: F01 Class Fee: $110. Materials Fee: $60.
Patti Barker is an award-winning felt wear designer and teacher. She earned a BA in Studio Art at Western Washington University. All of her designs are produced with felted seams. The fabric and garment are created simultaneously. Patti lives in the San Juan Islands with her husband Rex and a parrot named Baby Huey.