Mamie Francis Blanket Competition
Mamie Francis was a weaver of small blankets or lap robes. She is remembered by her husband, daughter and two sons with the endowment that funds this competition.
- This blanket competition is part of the Skein & Garment Competition and all Skein & Garment Competition rules apply.
- Both warp and weft in the blanket must be 100% wool except for Class T84.
- Width will be measured from selvedge to selvedge.
- T80 Blanket in any weave, less than 36” wide and any length
- T81 Blanket in any weave, 36-50” wide and any length
- T82 Blanket in any weave, greater than 50” wide and any length
- T83 Blanket in any weave, sized in T80-T82 above, woven by a Junior
- T84 Blanket in any weave, sized as in T80-T82 above, made from at least 50% wool
- Grand Prize – $300
- (4) First-Place Awards – $60
- (5) Second-Place Awards – $40
- (5) Third-Place Awards – $20
- Best Blanket Made of Maryland Wool – $100
A First Place blanket will be selected in each of classes T80-T84. From these first-place blankets, a Grand Prize winner will be selected to receive a $300 check.
Thank you to Sandy Spring Friends School for supporting this event with a generous $500 donation.
In addition, the Maryland Sheep Breeders Association donates $100 for the Best Blanket Made of Maryland Wool.