Mamie Francis Blanket Competition
Mamie Francis was a weaver of small blankets or lap robes. She is remembered by her husband, daughter and two sons with the endowment that funds this competition.
- This blanket competition is part of the Skein & Garment Competition and all Skein & Garment Competition rules apply.
- Both warp and weft in the blanket must be 100% wool except for Class T84.
- Width will be measured from selvedge to selvedge.
- T80 Baby Blanket in any weave, less than 36” wide and any length
- T81 Lap Robe in any weave, 36-50” wide and any length
- T82 Blanket in any weave, larger than 50” wide and any length
- T83 Baby Blanket, Lap Robe, or Blanket in any weave, sized as above, woven by a Junior (18 or under)
- T84 Baby Blanket, Lap Robe, or Blanket in any weave, sized as above, made from at least 50% wool
- Grand Prize – $300
- (4) First-Place Awards – $60
- (5) Second-Place Awards – $40
- (5) Third-Place Awards – $20
- Best Blanket Made of Maryland Wool – $100
There will be five classes. A first-place blanket will be selected in each class. From these first-place blankets, a Grand Prize winner will be selected to receive a $300 check.
Thank you to Sandy Spring Friends School for supporting this event with a generous $500 donation.
In addition, the Maryland Sheep Breeders Association donates $100 for the Best Blanket Made of Maryland Wool.