Sheep Promotion Competition
Virtual competition for 2021!
Formerly known as the Sheep Poster Competition, this competition has been expanded to include electronic formats. It allows contestants age 18 and under to enter presentations on the subjects of breed promotion, wool promotion, and meat promotion.
Classes and Divisions
- Class 1: Breed promotion
- Class 2: Wool promotion
- Class 3: Meat promotion
Each competitor is limited to one entry per class.
All classes will be judged in four age divisions:
- Mini – 7 years old and under
- Junior – 8 to 10 years old
- Intermediate – 11 to 13 years old
- Senior – 14 to 18 years old
Entries will be judged on:
- Idea expressed
- Information given
- Graphic design and appeal
Entries will be judged before the opening of the virtual festival at 8:30 a.m. on Saturday. May 1. Ribbons will be mailed to winners after the Festival. First, Second and Third place and Honorable Mention in each class/division will be awarded. An overall winner in each age group will be determined. There will be no trophies or prize money in 2021.
- Contestants may create physical posters or electronic presentations. Physical posters may be designed in any medium.
- All entries must be submitted in electronic format. Physical posters must be photographed or scanned to a .jpg file. Electronic presentations may be in the form of a PowerPoint presentation OR Google Slides presentation OR .jpg files (one per page) from another presentation software application. (Here is an example of a Google Slides presentation.)
- For younger contestants, it’s OK if a parent does the photographing/scanning/cropping (when applicable) and submits the entry form. Parents must not make any changes to electronic presentations.
- A presentation (whether done as physical posters or electronic slides) may consist of multiple pages/slides. The number of pages/slides is limited as follows: Mini – one page/slide only, Junior – up to two pages/slides, Intermediate – up to three pages/slides, and Senior – up to four pages/slides.
- All entries will be displayed on a computer screen, for both judging and subsequent display on the Festival website. Therefore, keep to a rectangular landscape format and make sure that all lettering is large and clear enough to be read. An image that is at least 2,000 pixels wide will display best.
- Use of copyrighted characters prohibited.
- Artist’s name may not appear on the poster or in the electronic presentation.
How to Enter
All entries will be made using an online entry form. Please download the Sheep Promotion Competition Guidelines, which contain a link to the form.
Entries must be received by 5:00 p.m. EDT on Saturday, April 17.