Skein & Garment Show and Tell
Virtual competition for 2021!
The Skein & Garment Competition at the Maryland Sheep & Wool Festival has always offered an opportunity for contestants from across the country—spinners, knitters, weavers, crocheters, felters, and other fiber artists—to showcase the beauty and versatility of wool with their handcrafted creations. This year, as part of our virtual online festival, instead of our usual formal judging we will be holding a more informal digital show and tell, with contestants uploading photographs of their creations and virtual festival attendees voting for their favorites. Each vote costs $1 and net proceeds go towards replacing income lost through two years of virtual festivals. While we are not offering any awards or special prizes this year, this contest will give you a chance to show off your work and raise money for the festival at the same time, a win-win for all of us! The traditional awards and special prizes will return once the Festival is no longer virtual.
- Handspun Skeins
- Hand Knitted Articles
- Handwoven Articles
- Hand Crocheted Articles
- Wool Hooking
- Felted Articles
- Miscellaneous Articles
- Group Entries – Articles made by 2 or more people.
Junior Division – Participants must be 18 years old or younger. The Junior Division is composed of the same classes as in the Adult Division.
- Except for the Group Entry category, each item (i.e., skein or article) entered must be the work of the entrant alone.
- All entries must be at least 50% wool. “Wool” is defined as the product of a sheep.
- All entries must have been completed since the 2019 festival.
- An item can only be entered in one category.
- Items must be entered in the correct category. MSWF will change the category of any entry that is entered incorrectly.
- Only one entry per category per individual is allowed.
- Only one item is allowed per photo. No humans or animals in the photo, please.
- Photos do not need to be taken by the entrant.
- All entries are subject to review, editing, and removal by MSWF.
- Photos deemed offensive, indecent, or obscene will be removed from the contest.
- These rules may be updated at any time without prior notices. In the event of any discrepancies between the instructions in the catalog and on the website, the website will prevail.
How to Enter:
Upload your photo(s) at https://www.gogophotocontest.com/sheepandwool. There is no fee to submit the photo(s) of your entries.
Photos must be submitted by 11:59 pm on Friday, April 30.
How to Vote:
Voting will begin at 8:30 a.m. on Saturday, May 1 and end at 5:00 p.m. on Sunday, May 2.
Each vote costs $1, and there is no limit to the number of votes you may cast during the voting period. You must purchase a minimum of five votes at a time for a minimum charge of $5.
You may vote for your own photo. Net proceeds go towards replacing income lost through two years of virtual festivals.
Vote early and often – your votes help support the future of the festival!