Maryland Sheep Breeders Association
The Maryland Sheep Breeders Association (MSBA) is an active organization that organizes several annual events: the Maryland Shearing School (April) and the Maryland Sheep & Wool Festival (May), as well as a range of sheep, wool and lamb promotional and educational activities, a scholarship fund and an annual members’ dinner in October.
President: Lee Langstaff
Vice President: Jeffrey White
Treasurer: Colleen Histon
Secretary: Peter Austin
Maryland Sheep & Wool Festival Chairman
Emily Chamelin Hickman
All are welcome to join. You don’t have to own any sheep or goats. Members are from 8 counties: Allegany, Anne Arundel, Baltimore, Carroll, Frederick, Howard, Montgomery, and Washington Counties, plus a few members from out-of-state. The FCSB website has an extensive “Links” tab.
Peter Vorac, President — (301) 371-4111 —
Debra Drake, Vice President — (703) 244-0500 —
Patty Sanville, Secretary — (240) 357-1437 —
Dawn Richardson, Treasurer — (301) 908-5985 —
Download the MSBA Membership Form.
As a member you will:
- Join an active and friendly community of shepherds and others
- Support the core activities of the MSBA
- Receive the quarterly Maryland Sheep News, MSBA’s informative newsletter
- Receive regular publications from the American Sheep Industry Association
- Receive free admission to the Maryland Sheep & Wool Festival
- Be mailed a free copy of the Festival catalog
- Pay a reduced commission on any fleeces consigned for sale at the Festival’s Fleece Show & Sale
- Be eligible for a free listing in the printed MSBA Members Directory and a free profile page on the MSBA website
Annual membership dues are $25. The membership year runs from October through September. Dues received before June 1, 2017 will be recorded as paid through September 30, 2017. Dues for new memberships received on or after June 1 (or new memberships purchased at the 2017 Sheep & Wool Festival) will be recorded as paid through September 30, 2018.