How much does the Festival cost? Parking?
- Admission to the Festival is $10.00 per day and applies to adults only; everyone under 18 will be admitted free.
- Tickets may be purchased in advance at https://mswf2023.eventbrite.com/. A processing fee of $2.45 per ticket will be added. These tickets will be scanned at the gate. There will be separate lane(s) for those who have purchased tickets in advance.
- Cash or check only at the gate. There will be an exact change lane, so bring your $10 bills!
- Bus trip organizers: email for information on purchasing tickets for your group.
- Parking is free.
- In order to minimize traffic backups on feeder roads during peak hours, the Howard County Police Department may divert vehicles into the parking area at the Howard County Living Heritage Farm Museum across the street from the fairgrounds, even if spaces are still available in the fairgrounds parking lot. Shuttle service will be provided. Advance purchase of a ticket does not guarantee parking in the fairgrounds lot.
Can I bring my dog?
Service animals only. Please leave your pets at home.
Where are you located?
The Festival is held at the Howard County Fairgrounds, located 25 miles west of the city of Baltimore in Howard County, Maryland. The address is 2210 Fairgrounds Road, West Friendship, MD 21794.
Is there Public Transportation?
Sorry, the Howard County Fairgrounds is located in the rural suburbs of Baltimore. No public transportation is available.
Do you offer handicap parking?
Yes, use the East entrance, please stay in the far right lane, and parking staff will guide you to the right place.
Is wheelchair and scooter rental available?
Sorry, we are not able to offer onsite rentals of mobility devices, but you can order a scooter or wheelchair from Scootaround and have it delivered to your hotel or residence. The link to their rental page for the Festival is TBD. The Festival takes no responsibility for any contracts or negotiations between you and this vendor.
If we bring a bus, where should we park?
All buses will now enter the fairgrounds through the East entrance and should stay in the far right lane. They will be directed to the second parking lot access road, where they will stop and unload at the end of the path to the ticket booth. They will then proceed to the bus parking area. Passengers may access the buses throughout the day once they are in the parking area.
Is there a rain date for the Festival?
The festival will be held regardless of the weather. Hot or cold, rain or shine, mud or dust, the festival will go on!
How do I get a t-shirt? Can I get one in advance?
Sales of Festival Merchandise are handled year-round through Sheepman.com, check out the online store. Once at the Fairgrounds, all Festival Gear is available for sale in the Bingo Hall.
Do you need volunteers? Who do I contact?
Yes, we can always use extra hands, please check out our Volunteer Page for more information. If you are interested in helping year-round, there are many opportunities on our various festival committees.
Can we camp overnight at the Fairgrounds?
We’re sorry, but camping is not allowed for the general public. There are local campgrounds available, however. Patapsco Valley State Park has a variety of camping options. There are also campgrounds in nearby Carroll and Frederick Counties. See the Lodging information under Visiting the Festival for more details.
Where can I find my lost items?
Found items will be kept at the Information Tent throughout the Festival. After that, please email to inquire and arrange for pick up.
How do I sign up for next year’s catalog?
Check out our Catalog page for details. A mailed catalog will cost $5 to cover postage.
Can I still advertise this year?
Absolutely, web ads on our site run for the remaining calendar year and can be added at any time. The website is a resource for many visitors throughout the year. See more details.
How do I apply to become a vendor next year?
Vendor spaces are very limited, but we are always looking for fresh ideas. Check out our Vendor information page for more details.
Can I teach next year?
Check out our Workshop Information page for details and a link to the online proposal form.
How soon can we start planning for Next Year’s Festival?
Right away – the Maryland Sheep & Wool Festival is always held at the Howard County Fairgrounds the first full weekend in May. Come back in 2023 for our 50th annual Festival – May 4 & 5, 2024!