Maryland Sheep Breeders Association
The Maryland Sheep & Wool Festival is the flagship event of the Maryland Sheep Breeders Association (MSBA). The association also organizes the annual Maryland Shearing School in early spring as well as a range of sheep, wool, and lamb promotional and educational activities; a scholarship fund; and an annual members’ dinner in October.
President: Jeffrey White
Vice President: Andrew Keller
Treasurer: Colleen Histon
Secretary: Carolann McConaughy
Maryland Sheep & Wool Festival Chairperson
Anyone with an interest in sheep and sheep-related topics, products, markets, or activities is welcome to join the MSBA. You don’t need to own or breed sheep or even reside in Maryland. If you want to join a community that shares a passion for this amazing and useful animal, its related products, businesses, or activities, MSBA would be happy to have you. Whether you are a farmer, shepherd, spinner, knitter, dyer, chef, student, or animal lover; or a sheep, wool, dairy or agriculture-related business; or just interested in learning about any of these – you are welcome to the MSBA community and resources!
As a member you will:
- Join an active and friendly community of shepherds and others
- Support the core activities of the MSBA
- Receive the Maryland Sheep News, an informative newsletter that is emailed to all MSBA members three times a year
- Receive regular publications from the American Sheep Industry Association
- Receive priority consideration for enrollment in the Maryland Shearing School (applicable only if you own sheep), and your family members will be given priority consideration for the annual MSBA scholarship
- Receive free admission to the Maryland Sheep & Wool Festival
- Receive a free copy of the Festival catalog by mail
- Pay a reduced commission on any fleeces consigned for sale at the Festival’s Fleece Show & Sale (membership must be current as of April 1)
- Be able to promote your farm or business through a free profile page on the MSBA website, marylandsheepbreeders.org.
Annual membership dues are $25. The membership year runs from October through September. Dues received before June 1, 2021 will be recorded as paid through September 30, 2021. Dues for new memberships received on or after June 1 will be recorded as paid through September 30, 2022.
Frederick County Sheep Breeders
Patricia Sanville, President
Dedicated to all things related to sheep and goats. Offering a variety of opportunities to our members, and educational and community experiences to those interested in learning more about the sheep and goats we raise. Membership is not limited to Frederick County residents. Find us at www.fredericksheepbreeders.com