Maryland Sheep & Wool Ambassador Competition
Virtual competition for 2021!
The 2021 Maryland Sheep & Wool Ambassador will be chosen in conjunction with the Maryland Sheep & Wool Virtual Online Festival. Judging will be based on information submitted in the application.
The person selected to serve will represent the Maryland Sheep Breeders Association and help to promote sheep and wool during the following year. The competition is open to both males and females. Three Reserve Ambassadors will also be chosen. In the event that the Ambassador is not able to fulfill his/her obligations, a Reserve Ambassador will serve as substitute.
- Must be between the ages of 14 and 18 inclusive.
- Must be active in some area of sheep or wool production: purebreds,
commercial, 4-H or FFA project, spinning, etc.
- Must be a resident of the state of Maryland.
- To the extent possible, attend and help with sheep shows at the county fairs and the Maryland State Fair.
- Assist with the Maryland State Fair’s Lead Class, if held.
- Give a report of activities at the Maryland Sheep Breeders annual banquet in October.
- Promote lamb and wool in a variety of other ways: 4-H clubs, Ag Week displays, etc.
- Assist with the 2022 Maryland Sheep & Wool Ambassador Competition.
Criteria for Selection
- Previous background and activities with sheep and wool.
- Service to the sheep and wool industry.
- Promotional activities within the industry.
The Ambassador will receive a check for $100 from the Festival.
The Reserve Ambassadors will each receive a check for $50.
How to Enter
Deadline extended – please contact us by noon on Friday, April 30, 2021 if you would like to enter.